“Violet Fizz” is a non-alcoholic drink that is extremely delicious and dreamy. The magic blue-purplish color with the creamy white foam is just beautiful and tempting. It takes a bit of time to make this mocktail, but the process of making it is full of fun and surprise. It certainly encourages me to be creative, and I found that if I try to be creative, magic is everywhere.
This beautiful herbal tea-infused mocktail gets a magical appearance and a tasteful flavor. The components of this drink are made from three main parts: blue butterfly flower tea; egg white and cream; sugar and citrus.
The Violet Color
The dreamy violet color of this drink comes from butterfly pea flower tea. It is known for its ability to change colors depending on the PH level. Since there is a combination of lime juice and lemon juice in this drink, the acidity changes the tea’s color from blue to purple. In this drink, I made some blue ice cubes from the butterfly pea flower tea first and crushed the ice, so when I pour the lime and lemon juice infused mixture into the crushed ice, it turns a magical violet color.
The white foam
The lovely white foam comes from cream and eggwhite. For a rich foam, You can do a dry shake first and then do a shake with ice. I chose to shake with ice directly because the last touch of club soda really did the trick for foaming up the top. However, It is important to give the egg white and other ingredients a thorough shake. ( shake about 2 mins) I used a copper cocktail shaker.
The taste of this drink is rich, refreshing and full of layers. It is Sweet and citrus, fruity and creamy. With the fragrant of butterfly pea flower tea and the aroma of orange blossom, this mocktail drink is simply indulging!
- Blue butterfly flower tea ( butterfly pea flower tea) 10 g
- Lime juice 1/2 oz
- Lemon juice 1/2 oz
- Simple syrup 1 1/4 oz
- Heavy cream 1 oz
- Egg white 1
- Orange blossom water 1/6 oz
- Orange Peel 1-2
- Club soda
- Boil some water.
- Put the dried butterfly pea flower in a glass or cup, add boiled water. Steep for 5 mins and let it cool down.
- Pour the blue tea into an ice cube tray, freeze the tray about 4 hours.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Pour in lime juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, heavy cream, egg white, and orange blossom water.
- Shake, shake, shake ( about 2 mins).
- Pour the mixture into a tumbler glass.
- When the blue ice cubes are ready, take them out from the tray and put them into a high-speed blender.
- Crush the ice with high-speed mode.
- Add the crushed ice into the tumbler glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Add orange zest on the top.
- Enjoy it with a straw.
Check Out Tea Drink Recipe with blue Butterfly flower Tea & Oolong Tea: