I decided to make this Chai Tea White Russian mocktail after craving for my old-time favorite cocktail: White Russian. Back to a couple years ago, I would just go get the liquors and make a cocktail in no time. However, the more I drink tea the more I feel it is more fun to try to create tea-infused mocktails. The process is whimsical and profound.
This mocktail is combined with chai tea and homemade coffee liqueur. It is very easy to make, and you can even make it a decaf version with decaf chai and decaf instant coffee. The taste is still as wonderful!
Chai Tea is a black tea mixed with aromatic Indian spices, such as cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and black pepper. Chai tea has a distinctive fragrant. It is known for helping digestion, lowering blood sugar and boosting immunity. It can also be a coffee substitute due to the caffeine content of chai tea.
Chai tea tastes great by itself, is a balance of spicy and sweetness, it also goes well with milk, cream or non-dairy nut milk. You can enjoy it hot or cold.
Non-alcoholic Coffee Liqueur
This homemade coffee liqueur is easy and delicious. Even without alcohol, the combination of coffee and cocoa definitely gives you a nice buzz. With the sweetness of brown sugar and the aroma from vanilla extract, this coffee liqueur stands up well next to anything shop-bought.
Chai Tea White Russian
With some fresh cream on the top and pinches of cinnamon powder, this Chai Tea white Russian mocktail is finished. The taste of it is smooth and aromatic. The sweetness and spice from chai perfectly balanced with the chocolate coffee liqueur, the final touch of cream just makes everything smooth and gentle.
- 4 bags of chai tea ( or decaf chai tea)
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder ( or decaf coffee powder)
- 1 1/4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream (or half & half)
1. Put chai tea bags into a glass jar, add hot boiled water, let it steep for 6 mins.
2. Take out the tea bags, add simple syrup into the jar, stir, let it cool down.
3. Pour 1 1/2 cup of water into a pot, boil.
4. Add brown sugar, instant coffee powder, cocoa powder, vanilla extract into the pot, stir well, turn off the heat.
5. Pour the coffee liqueur mixture from the pot into a glass jar, let it cool down.
6. In a glass filled with ice, add 2 1/2 ounce chai tea mixture and 1 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur.
7. Add 1 1/2 ounce heavy cream ( or half & half)
8. Sprinkle cinnamon powders on the top.
Check Out More Tea Mocktail recipes: